Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snowflakes



Snowflakes!  Both inside the house & outside!  We got a skiff of snow this morning.  The forecast was for more, but now the sun is out & it's fairly warm. 

Last night and this morning proved productive.  Made another batch of sugar cookies (no purple ones this time, LOL).  Since I didn't have a snowflake cookie cutter, I used a Ball jar lid to make round cutouts.  I didn't have an icing bag, either, so I used a makeshift one: quart Ziplock freezer bag with a very small diagonal cut off one corner.  It works, but not as well as a regular bag with a tip on it.  I just made up some ideas for snowflakes and drew them on the cookies.  Cool!  They are going into some goodie bags I'm making up for friends.

BTW, If you're short on time, use the Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix.  It tastes good, is inexpensive, & is super easy!  

 I've been focusing more on projects lately rather than getting out in the mountains.  The reason being that access to trails above town is quite easy -- you can get out for a one or two hour jaunt and feel like you're more remote than you really are!  Many of the Salida Mountain Trails remind me of the Dale Ball trails in Santa Fe.  You're out amongst the pinyon & junipers, with the occasional open view of the valley/mountains.  Love it!  It's not that I don't appreciate where I am right now, but I'm missing Santa Fe!  Maybe because my experience there last winter was filled with learning & exploring new things?  So what's next?? 

   

No comments: