Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day Trip: Tsankawi & Frijoles Canyon












It looks like we might be in for some late fall weather (i.e., snow or cold rain) for Thanksgiving, so this morning I decided to get out while it was relatively nice.

Today's trip to Bandelier National Monument was pretty casual. Hadn't been to Tsankawi before, so I decided to stop and hike out there. The hike is relatively short, about 1.5 miles round trip. Awesome views from up there, though! Such cool cloud formations today, too. Bandelier is not that far of a drive from Santa Fe (about 45 mi.) & it felt great to get out of town for the day.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone! :-)

  • P.S. You can click on any picture for a larger view.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi--my turn to visit your blog. Nice pics. The top of that one ladder looks treacherous; hope you were careful up there. I have been trying to get chapter 7 of Oprahs Awakenings audio files--found link just before but to download file would take about 24 minutes and I only had 15 left. Will wait until next time I have free access and try yet again. Later!