Monday, March 10, 2008

Consolation Prize


Ah, Fruita! Yesterday, I wanted to share with you some pics from a previous mountain biking trip to Fruita, CO. Couldn't get the photos to upload on Blogger, though. Now it's working, yay!
The Colorado Canyons area is the eastern trailhead to the Kokopelli Trail, which basically goes from Fruita, CO, to Moab, UT. It's a really cool area. You can see a trail in both photos. I think these are photos looking down at Horsethief Bench Trail. The mountain bikers on the trail in the first photo give you a sense of the scale. In the second one, note the three rafts on the Colorado River below.
The reason I'm pointing this trail system out is that during my recent (and brief!) trip out to Green River, I stopped at these trails for a quick Friday afternoon run. I consider it my small Consolation Prize for having truck problems. The day was gorgeous, sunny, & warm enough for shorts! I ran from the Loma parking lot out and around Rustler's Loop. Saw quite a few mountain bikers out getting a head start on the weekend (maybe instead of the weekend, since Saturday was cold & cloudy, but such is spring in Colorado!).

No comments: