Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sports Massage!

I was up in the Denver/Boulder area for a few days this past weekend taking a Sports/Orthopedic Massage course at BCMT.  The course was the first in a series of modules that I will most likely finish in the next couple of years.  What excites me about this series is that it relates well to guiding!  The specific techniques used in sports massage will definitely be helpful for cyclists & hikers (as well as skiers, ice climbers, etc.).  Being able to identify and work with sore muscles in different & healing ways is definitely helpful in the direction I'm heading with massage.

We just found out this week that Steve & I are going to be leading the new Joshua Tree hike next month, so look for new pics coming up from that and from Chicks with Picks later this month!  :-)       

No comments: