Friday, December 4, 2009

Looking Back on Summer

I'm finally back online and getting settled into a place for winter. We're back in Salida this winter after a so-so summer of guiding. I say so-so because the season didn't really kick in until around September! Such is the state of the economy, I guess. Nevertheless, I *am* grateful for the trips we led!

Above is a picture from this September's hiking trip to Kings Canyon National Park. This shot depicts part of the descent from Alta Peak. What a great hike! We were all pretty much gasping for air on the way up -- the summit of Alta is just over 11,000'. Everyone in the group made it, though!

I had hoped to post more pictures this afternoon but my laptop is being uncooperative! LOL. Oh, well. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!


No comments: