Friday, November 14, 2008

Relax and Enjoy!


Hi! Hope everyone out there has had a good week. I have -- but have been quite tired all week. We have a school break coming up, though, after next weekend. Yay! I haven't made the time to decide what to do over break: study all week, take off and go camping... both?? It'll depend on the weather and the homework load that week.

Can you guess where this photo is taken? It's from one of my favorite places to go in off season... mountains in the distance... sandstone in the foreground. Arches National Park! Yes, it is the view from Delicate Arch, the arch depicted on the Utah license plate:-) It's a 3-mile round trip hike up to the arch from the parking lot, but it's worth it! I thought I would post this one because it reminds me of my meditation imagery of Canyonlands. Each week, someone in my class gives a 15-minute self-care presentation to the group. Mine was this week. I had everyone imagine a place they felt was peaceful and imagine themselves being there: seeing, feeling, hearing. It is a method of stress relief. We played some nature/massage music, which helped to set the mood. Give it a try sometime...!

Have a great weekend! :-)



No comments: