Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Painting



18" x 24"
Untitled
Acrylic on Canvas


**********

I've just spent the last couple of days painting in a painting whirlwind. Realizing that it was less than a week until our 6-month condo lease was up, I thought I had better paint something on the last blank canvas!
This painting came together much easier compared to the last two since I have been playing with the design for awhile. I like the bright colors. Can you tell from the photo that I was working on blending colors in each section? Still experimenting with acrylics, though. You have to work pretty fast since they dry so quickly. This design was originally used in my CorelDraw program on my computer. I am hoping to eventually design a bike jersey based on my artwork, so I was playing with the "blending" tool! Too fun! :-)

No comments: