Monday, January 21, 2008

Finding Your Way

Finding Your Way
6"x6" collage/mixed media
on 90 lb. watercolor paper

Some old topographical maps that I have wanted to experiment with came out of storage for this collage. The image of the trail near the center is from a photo I took up on the Highline Trail in Glacier National Park, printed on tissue paper, of all things! It was a little tricky to get the tissue to go through the printer. Had to cut it to 8.5"x11". I do like the somewhat transparent effect it has in the piece. The compass was done the same way, printed on tissue. (I also used some tissue images in the "Chill Factor" collage below.)

I still enjoy working with different typefaces/fonts. Collage explores that in different ways than simple calligraphy or signmaking.


No comments: