Monday, December 24, 2007

Bizarre Animal Sightings!

Well, it *is* the full moon, after all!

As I glance up from my notes, I notice a stuffed bear totem in the corner of the guest room at my friends', Fern & Bryan's, place. (See photo.)

I also see some motion out the window of their third story condo here in a north Denver suburb. No, it isn't just the animated electrical bear on the balcony (did I mention Fern's bear collection?). A young eagle has landed on the railing. No, I'm not hallucinating. And no, unfortunately, I do not get a photo as I am afraid my movement might scare the big bird away. Instead, calling softly to my friends in nearby rooms, they all sneak in slowly to see the eagle.

P.S. That's an early '90's painting of mine on the wall behind the bears, a "tempera batik" of Mount of the Holy Cross in Colorado.

No comments: